Grief and Sorrow
Monday, June 8, 2009
Motivational Post

Decided to blog some reflections of my life. Know what, maybe i can write a book like this and sell =)

I CAN DO IT
Life may seem hell cos of some stuff, but if you persevere things WILL get better. Take a different attitude; try to enjoy it. What you hate now, you may miss later.

e.g. I thought life in CO was hell and wanted to quit at end of year 2. However, I am grateful today that I did not. I survived, and now im much better because of it.

I felt that SMP was very demanding in Year 3. Again, I felt like quitting. But now that I’ve completed it, im glad I didn’t.

I survived all this crap. No matter how hellish it may seem now, it will pass. So, don’t let fear get the better of you.

Things to survive this year: Nanyang Research Program, EOY

DETERMINATION
This is related to I can do it, except I can do it is a belief to have and Determination is the way to uphold that belief. Summary in 1 word: Continue. JJ once told me 2 sentences b4 the SYF, which till this day is firmly imprinted in my mind: In the 1st place if u wan to choose it, then might as well be committed to it. You made the decision to walk this path, and u have to continue no matter what happens.

Because of these 2 motivational sentences that helped pulled me through many stuff, JJ, I forgive most of your impertinence and haughtiness and the times you offended me (which is many times). Grrr.

THE FUTURE: WHAT WILL BE, WILL BE
The future is scary—Senior High, graduation (leaving), going out into society where mistakes are no longer forgiven, and all those office politics.

Fear wont change the future. Take practical action! The future will one day become history. When you die, all becomes nought, and your fears would have seemed insignificant. Instead, be happy now.


YOU ARE GOOD
Have confidence in yourself. 天生我材必有用!!! Everybody have their own qualities, whether u are bitchy or nice, intelligent or dumb, pretty or ugly. Find your own quality instead of hankering after other's qualities, and develop it. Do not be afraid to be different, do not be bullied into believing you are inferior, and don't care too much about what others think about you -- as long as your friends and close ones like you.

DO NOT GET BULLIED/COWED
When you think something is yours, do not be afraid to ask for it nicely (or nastily if need be). Life is not always fair, and many times people try to cheat you. Hence, you must always fight for your own rights, cos no one else will help u do it.

Life is a show
人生如戏, 戏如人生. Life is a show, people are actors acting for their own benefits. Do not be fooled by other's smiles. In turn, smile at your allies to get support, and GRIN at your enemies to fool them. Surprisingly, they may be moved by your smile and become guilty at their nastiness to you.

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE
There is this saying, "marry in haste and repent at leisure." PLAN FOR YOUR FUTURE. Do not push all your problems tomorrow, divide them into small steps, cause dearie, you are not superman and cant fly up a mountain. Unless you are rich enough to hire a helicopter. But by then your problems will become equivalent to flying to the moon.


IN CONCLUSION, BE HAPPY TODAY

今朝有酒今朝醉

posted by Sylvia @ 8:38 AM

Friends for Life
AMANDA
RENE
SHI LUN
4I
too lazy to post currently
Toshiro Masuda - Grief and Sorrow

Courtesy of Interestin.com