Grief and Sorrow
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Draco Trilogy

My love of books will be the making of me but also my fall. Someone famous once said (and i edit it into my version), "Books are drugs. They make you addicted to them and if you stop taking it, you die."

The new series I have currently fallen in love with is City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of glass (comming out in March 2009). By the way for fans of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, you will be glad to know its coming out on 2nd August (and its 8th July already!). Remind me to badger my bro till he pre orders it for me. Hehe.

Anyway, City of Bones is written by Cassandra Clare (real name Cassie Clare). She also wrote the famous fanfiction, The Draco Trilogy: Draco Dormiens, Draco Sinister, Draco Veritas (after Harry Potter) and another fanfiction after The Lord of the Ring. I love the Draco Trilogy more than City of Bones not because it is better written (City of Bones is better written), but because I am now trying to get my hands on the Draco Trilogy to no avail. What you cannot have, you want--guess this saying is true. I have emailed lots of random strangers (last i counted, 12 people)and even the author herself to email me the Draco Trilogy , since it is now no longer available on the net (and of cause its not published. its FANFICTION. ILLEGAL to publish). The only one who replied, surprisingly, was the author, who directed me to some person's email--her editor?-- who never replied. Sian. Zzzzzz.

Kind Souls all, send me the Draco Trilogy !!!

By the way, Contra Veritas, part 3 of the Draco Trilogy is latin for "Against the truth". And from snippets of what i WAS able to find of the 3rd part, the story has taken a dark twist. I dunoe how explain. Part 1 is more about innocent love, accepting pure pain, but part 3 seems... cruel. No, not cruel. I can think of no other words other than "dark".

posted by Sylvia @ 6:17 AM

Friends for Life
AMANDA
RENE
SHI LUN
4I
too lazy to post currently
Toshiro Masuda - Grief and Sorrow

Courtesy of Interestin.com